A car accident can result in many different issues. One such issue is damage to your property. If your property gets damaged in an accident, you need to figure out who caused the accident. If you did not cause the accident, you should not pay for repairs. Instead, it’s the responsibility of the at-fault party to repair all damages. Given your situation, you might have to fight to make sure that this happens. If this is the case, you should hire a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer knows how to file claims for you. They can also answer your questions. Your lawyer will get in touch with the defendant and their insurance company on your behalf.

Damage To Automobiles

In most cases, if your property gets damaged in an accident, it is your automobile. You need to know what to do in a few specific situations. That is what this section is for. In this section, I discuss:

  • What to do when your car is a total loss. If your car gets totaled, how should you proceed? You can find out here.
  • What to do when there is damage to the car. If your car got damaged in the accident, what should you do? Where should you bring the car? Who pays for the damages. I answer these questions in this section.
  • Who pays for the rental car. When your car is in the shop, someone has to pay for you to get around. Who will do this? Find out your options here.

Damage To Other Property

Your motor vehicle might not be the only damaged property in an accident. Your home or other possessions can get damaged if a car crashes into them. You need to know what to do if this happens. This section talks about how to proceed if there is damage to your other property.

If you have additional questions about damaged property, you can contact our office for help.